GVFRS conducts fire and EMS training each month. While some classes are designed specifically for our members, many of our classes are open to other regional department members as well as the general public. In 2008, GVFRS completed the renovation of an old meeting room into a state of the art classroom complete with computer presentation systems, high speed internet, audio, and video systems. This facility is available to other fire/EMS organizations to conduct open training courses.
Upcoming EMS Training
- ACLS Renewal 2/17 – Sign Up
- PALS Renewal 3/4 – Sign Up New Date
- CE Super Saturdays: 2/3 (Station 1), 2/10 (PEMS), 3/17 (Station 1)
Contact email@example.com for info
Download the Schedule
2018 1st Quarter Training Schedule with BLS and ALS Areas:
GVFR CE Schedule Jan-March 2018
EMS Training Calendar:
- February 17, 2018 8:00 amACLS Renewal
- February 20, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- February 21, 2018 7:00 pmCompany EMS Training
- February 22, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- February 27, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- March 1, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- March 3, 2018 9:00 amEMT Class
- March 4, 2018 8:00 amPALS Renewal
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
Upcoming Fire Training
- February 17, 2018Firefighter I/II
- February 18, 2018Firefighter I/II
- February 19, 2018 7:00 pmCompany Fire Training
- February 20, 2018Firefighter I/II
- February 22, 2018Firefighter I/II
- February 24, 2018Firefighter I/II
- February 27, 2018Firefighter I/II
- March 1, 2018Firefighter I/II
Please contact email@example.com for questions.
Download the 2018 Fire Training Calendar
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR classes for the general public as a community service (Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED). All classes are offered free of charge and everyone is welcome to attend either course. Unless otherwise noted, all classes are held at Station 1 (6595 Main Street, Gloucester, VA 23061).For more information on CPR training, see our CPR page.
NIMS On-Line Classes
Completion of NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, and ICS-800 is required for all First Responders. These courses may be taken on line with a short quiz at the end.
To take the On-Line NIMS required courses, visit our NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS700, and ICS-800 page for links to each test.