GVFRS conducts fire and EMS training each month. While some classes are designed specifically for our members, many of our classes are open to other regional department members as well as the general public. In 2008, GVFRS completed the renovation of an old meeting room into a state of the art classroom complete with computer presentation systems, high speed internet, audio, and video systems. This facility is available to other fire/EMS organizations to conduct open training courses.
To register for an upcoming class, click here . For more information about our training programs:
Upcoming training classes:
- December 20, 2017 7:00 pmCompany EMS Training
- January 9, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- January 11, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- January 16, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- January 17, 2018 7:00 pmCompany EMS Training
- January 18, 2018 6:00 pmPEMS Consolidated Test Site - Hampton Fire Training Center
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
EMS Regional Protocols
Upcoming fire training:
- December 18, 2017 7:00 pmCompany Fire Training
- January 15, 2018 7:00 pmCompany Fire Training
- January 16, 2018Firefigther 1 & 2 Starts
- February 19, 2018 7:00 pmCompany Fire Training
- March 19, 2018 7:00 pmCompany Fire Training
- April 16, 2018 7:00 pmCompany Fire Training
Please contact email@example.com for questions.
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR classes for the general public as a community service (Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED). All classes are offered free of charge and everyone is welcome to attend either course. Unless otherwise noted, all classes are held at Station 1 (6595 Main Street, Gloucester, VA 23061).For more information on CPR training, see our CPR page.
NIMS On-Line Classes
Completion of NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, and ICS-800 is required for all First Responders. These courses may be taken on line with a short quiz at the end.
To take the On-Line NIMS required courses, visit our NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS700, and ICS-800 page for links to each test.