Middle Peninsula Regional Fire Training Center:
GVFRS offers CE, available to all EMS providers, each month throughout the year.
- EMSAT, 3rd Wed each month at 1900. Followed by 1 -2 hours additional CE
- July 18, Infection Control Update
- Aug 15, Scenario Based Application of Pulse Ox and End Tidal CO2
- Sep 19, Unite the Right Rally – Response and lessons learned in Charlottesville
- Oct 17, Dealing with Dementia, Delirium, and Depression
- Nov 21, Using Splints to treat Orthopedic Trauma
- Dec 19, Securing Pediatric Patients during transport
- Download the Fall 2018 EMSAT Schedule
Need FREE CE? Get EMSAT On-line:
Past EMSAT courses are available on-line via CentreLearn. Watch the video, take a short quiz, and see CE hours appear in your portal the next morning. To find out how, go to:
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR classes for the general public as a community service (Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED). All classes are offered free of charge and everyone is welcome to attend either course. Unless otherwise noted, all classes are held at Station 1 (6595 Main Street, Gloucester, VA 23061).For more information on CPR training, see our CPR page.
NIMS On-Line Classes
Completion of NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-700, and ICS-800 is required for all First Responders. These courses may be taken on line with a short quiz at the end.
To take the On-Line NIMS required courses, visit our NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS700, and ICS-800 page for links to each test.