Telephone Scam Alert!
GVFRS does not solicit funds over the phone.
If you receive a phone call asking you to purchase “refrigerator calendar magnets”, or any other phone call soliciting funds for GVFRS, this is a scam call. Do not make any purchases or donations over the phone.
Fire is Everyone's Fight™
Fire is Fast!
- You may have less than 3 minutes to escape.
- Smoke is deadly—kills more people than flames.
- Every home needs fire protection and a plan for escape.
Smoke alarms save lives
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- You should have a smoke alarm inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Push the button on the smoke alarms every month to make sure they are working.
- Replace smoke alarms that are more than 10 years old.
Make an Escape Plan
- Know 2 ways out of every room.
- Have a meeting place outside
- Know how to call 9-1-1 from outside to report a fire.
- Practice your escape plan with everyone who lives in your home at least twice a year.
Find more information about fire safety from the
Virginia Department of Fire Programs.
- PALS Renewal 3/4. Sign Up NEW DATE
- CE Super Saturdays: 2/3 (Staiton 1), 2/10 (PEMS), 3/17 (Station 1).
Click here for the CE schedule.
No Sign Ups, just show up as needed.
- LZ Training by LifeEvac 5/12. Details
- BLS/ALS 33 Hour CE Program in April, May, & June
Click here for the 2nd quarter CE Program Schedule
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR and First Aid classes throughout the year at no cost to members of our community.
Classes are offered to the public periodically. Please check our CPR Class page or contact email@example.com.
- March 22, 2018Firefighter I/II
- March 22, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- March 24, 2018Gloucester Daffodil Festival
- March 27, 2018Firefighter I/II
- March 27, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- March 29, 2018Firefighter I/II
- March 29, 2018 7:00 pmEMT Class
- April 2, 2018GCPS Spring Break
See the entire event Calendar.
- GVFRS responded to the following calls between March 4 and 10, 2018:
65 Medical- GVFRS responded to the following calls between March 4 and 10, 2018: 65 Medical Calls 10 Motor Vehicle Collisions 3 Brush Fires 3 Burn Complaints 2 Public Assists 1 Controlled Burn 1 Structure Fire 1 Mutual Aid to Lower King and Queen for a Structure Fire 1 Landing Zone
- It’s that time of year when we “spring forward”! Remember - It's that time of year when we "spring forward"! Remember to change your clocks ahead one hour, AND change the batteries in your smoke detectors!
- On March 6 just before 2pm GVFRS responded to the 2700 block - On March 6 just before 2pm GVFRS responded to the 2700 block of Hickory Fork Rd for a report of a structure fire with the caller stating there was one occupant still inside. The first arriving units were on scene within minutes and found the single family home fully engulfed
- Weekly Call Summary February 18 – March 3, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls during the two week period between February 18 and March 3, 2018: 116 Medical Calls 19 Motor Vehicle Collisions 9 Brush Fires of various sizes 8 Calls for trees down 6 Calls for power lines down 5 Fire
- On February 17, 2018 GVFRS responded to a structure fire on White - On February 17, 2018 GVFRS responded to a structure fire on White Oak Dr after heavy smoke was noted coming from the area. The first arriving units found a barn on fire that had partially collapsed. Units were on scene for just over two and a half hours conducting fire
- Weekly Call Summary Feb 4 – 17, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc. responded to the following calls between February 4 and 17, 2018 (2 weeks): 140 Medical Calls 15 Motor Vehicle Collisions 7 Fire Alarms 2 Public Assists 1 Controlled Burn 1 Smell of Gas 1 Vehicle Fire 1 Structure Fire On February 17, 2018
- The state 4pm Burn Law is in effect now until - The state 4pm Burn Law is in effect now until April 30th. The posted flyer lists a brief overview of the state's regulations during that time. We ask that if you do decide to burn within the posted burning law that you do so responsibly. Be mindful of the weather
- Weekly Call Summary January 21 – February 3rd (2 weeks) - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls between January 21 and February 3, 2018 (2 weeks): 135 Medical Calls 16 Motor Vehicle Collisions 8 Fire Alarms 2 Controlled Burns 1 Smell of Gas 1 Brush Fire 1 Tree on a Power Line