Gloucester County Burn Ordinance
The Gloucester County Fire Protection Ordinance revisions became effective May l,2004. Copies of the Ordinance are available at the Office of the Environmental Programs at 6489 Main Street. Read the Frequently Asked Questions here: Gloucester County Burn Ordnance FAQ
Preventing Kitchen Fires in your Home
Fire is Everyone's Fight™
Smoke alarms save lives
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- You should have a smoke alarm inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Push the button on the smoke alarms every month to make sure they are working.
- Replace smoke alarms that are more than 10 years old.
Find more information about fire safety from the
Virginia Department of Fire Programs.
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR and First Aid classes throughout the year to members of our community.
Classes are offered to the public periodically. Please check our CPR Class page or contact email@example.com.
- November 3, 2018RAM Clinic
- November 7, 2018Va EMS Symposium
- November 11, 2018Veterans Day
- November 19, 2018Monthly Fire Training
- November 21, 2018EMSAT / Monthly EMS Training
- November 22, 2018Thanksgiving Day (federal holiday)
- December 19, 2018EMSAT / Monthly EMS Training
- December 25, 2018Christmas Day
See the entire event Calendar.
- Weekly Call Summary October 7 – 13, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc. responded to the following calls between October 7 and 13, 2018: 95 Medical Calls 22 Motor Vehicle Collisions 7 Calls for trees down 6 Fire alarms 5 Public assists 1 Brush Fire 1 Controlled Burn 1 Nothing found on arrival 1 Structure Fire
- Weekly Call Summary September 9 – 15, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls between September 9 and 15, 2018: 64 Medical calls 9 motor vehicle collisions 8 Fire alarms 1 Public assist 1 Smoke in a structure
- 2018 Annual Blood Drive - Join us for our annual blood drive! The Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, inc Junior Rescue Annual Blood drive, in Memory of Sean McNulty, Jr, will be held on Friday, October 12, 2018 1:00pm to 7:00pm Station 1, 6595 Main Street Benefits of Donating It feels great to donate!
- Care of the Septic Child - Free dinner and lecture presented by VCU Pediatric ED’s Dr. Jon Silverman. EMS CEUs provided. October 3, 2018 Dinner served at 6PM, lecture 6:30. For an accurate head count for dinner, please RSVP by 9/20/18: Shanon.Beam@VCUHealth.org VCU Health Critical Care Transport Download the Peds Sepsis 10.3.18 PDF Flyer
- Weekly Call Summary August 26 – September 1, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc. responded to the following calls between August 26 and September 1, 2018: 64 Medical calls 9 Motor Vehicle collisions 7 Fire alarms 4 Public assists 1 Brush fire 1 Mutual Aid to AVFR for a structure fire
- Weekly Call Summary August 12 – 18, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue responded to the following calls between August 12 and 18, 2018: 65 Medical Calls 8 Motor Vehicle Collisions 7 Fire Alarms 2 Public Assists 2 Cooking fires that were out on arrival 1 Lawn mower fire 1 Burn complaint
- Weekly Call Summary July 29 – August 4, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc. responded to the following calls between July 29 and August 4, 2018: 57 Medical calls 14 Motor Vehicle Collisions 7 Fire alarms 2 Burn complaints 1 Landing zone 1 Boater emergency 1 Public assist On August 5, 2018 at approximately 7:10pm Gloucester
- Weekly Call Summary July 22-28, 2018 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls between July 22 and 28, 2018: 59 Medical Calls 8 Motor Vehicle Collisions 6 Fire Alarms 2 Landing Zones 1 Burn Complaint 1 Hazmat call 1 Fuel Spill 1 Tree on a power line