Gloucester County Burn Ordinance
The Gloucester County Fire Protection Ordinance revisions became effective May l,2004. Copies of the Ordinance are available at the Office of the Environmental Programs at 6489 Main Street. Read the Frequently Asked Questions here: Gloucester County Burn Ordnance FAQ
Preventing Kitchen Fires in your Home
Smoke alarms save lives
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- You should have a smoke alarm inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Push the button on the smoke alarms every month to make sure they are working.
- Replace smoke alarms that are more than 10 years old.
Fire is Everyone's Fight™
Find more information about fire safety from the
Virginia Department of Fire Programs.
Pediatric Trauma Conference – May 17th
Provided by EVMS. Download the Pediatric Trauma Conference Brochure
GVFRS members contact Seth about attending.
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR and First Aid classes throughout the year to members of our community.
Classes are offered to the public periodically. Please check our CPR Class page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- May 30, 2019 7:00 pmEMT Class
- June 1, 2019 9:00 amEMT Class
- June 17, 2019Monthly Fire Training
- June 19, 2019EMSAT / Monthly EMS Training
- June 20, 2019 6:00 pmEMT Class
- July 15, 2019Monthly Fire Training
- July 17, 2019EMSAT / Monthly EMS Training
- August 19, 2019Monthly Fire Training
See the entire event Calendar.
- Weekly Call Summary April 28 – May 11, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad responded to the following calls between April 28, 2019 - May 11, 2019: Medical: 95Motor Vehicle Accident: 6Electrical Shortage: 2Special Duty: 2Fire Alarm: 1Landing Zone:1 Down Tree: 1Structure Fire: 1Burn Complaint: 1Gas Spill: 1Smoke Odor: 1
- Weekly Call Summary April 1 – April 27, 2019 - (Note - this weeks report covers 4 weeks of April. Future reports should cover a single week) Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue responded to the following Calls between April 1, 2019 - April 27, 2019: Medical: 240 Motor Vehicle Accident: 22 Fire Alarm: 6 Public Assist: 5 Brush Fire: 4…
- Weekly Call Summary March 31 – April 7, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls between March 31 and April 7, 2019: 95 Medical Calls9 Motor vehicle collisions3 Public Assists3 Fire alarms1 Burn Complaint 1 Vehicle Fire
- GVFRS is currently working a single vehicle accident on Figg - GVFRS is currently working a single vehicle accident on Figg Shop Rd. with power lines down. Both lines are shut down at this time.
- GVFRS and VDOT recognized the heroic efforts of David Clements’ - GVFRS and VDOT recognized the heroic efforts of David Clements’ coworkers for their quick response with life saving CPR after he suffered a cardiac arrest on the job. Shown below are L-R Robert Yeager, Jordan Clifford, Mark Green, Robert “Frankie” Hancock, David Clements, Rob Fox, Kevin Sears and Joyce McGowan.…
- GVFRS had eight of our members spend 3 full days at - GVFRS had eight of our members spend 3 full days at the Smithfield truck class this past weekend. Good job fellas.
- Gloucester Fire & Rescue is currently working a vehicle vs residence - Gloucester Fire & Rescue is currently working a vehicle vs residence scene in the north end of the county.
- PEPP Hybrid Class - Course Overview ALS Hybrid Course: March 10, 2019, 0900 - 1730BLS Hybrid Course: March 23, 2019, 0900 - 1730 Location: GVFRS Station 1, 6595 Main Street, Gloucester VA 23061 Limit to 6 Registrations in each class. Online course material must be completed prior to attending the course.Here is a link you can use for…