Gloucester County Burn Ordinance
The Gloucester County Fire Protection Ordinance revisions became effective May l,2004. Copies of the Ordinance are available at the Office of the Environmental Programs at 6489 Main Street. Read the Frequently Asked Questions here: Gloucester County Burn Ordnance FAQ
Preventing Kitchen Fires in your Home
Smoke alarms save lives
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- You should have a smoke alarm inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Push the button on the smoke alarms every month to make sure they are working.
- Replace smoke alarms that are more than 10 years old.
Pediatric Trauma Conference
Provided by EVMS. Download the Pediatric Trauma Conference Brochure
GVFRS members contact Seth about attending.
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Providers (PEPP)
PEMS Backyard Symposium
33 Hour CE Programs. Visit our EMS Training page for details.
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR and First Aid classes throughout the year to members of our community.
Classes are offered to the public periodically. Please check our CPR Class page or contact email@example.com.
- February 18, 2019Monthly Fire Training
- February 19, 2019 7:00 pmEMT Class
- February 20, 2019EMSAT / Monthly EMS Training
- February 21, 2019 7:00 pmEMT Class
- February 26, 2019 7:00 pmEMT Class
- February 27, 2019 6:00 pmHCP CPR
- February 28, 2019 7:00 pmEMT Class
- March 5, 2019 7:00 pmEMT Class
See the entire event Calendar.
Fire is Everyone's Fight™
Find more information about fire safety from the
Virginia Department of Fire Programs.
- PEPP Hybrid Class- Course Overview ALS Hybrid Course: March 10, 2019, 0900 - 1730BLS Hybrid Course: March 23, 2019, 0900 - 1730 Location: GVFRS Station 1, 6595 Main Street, Gloucester VA 23061 Limit to 6 Registrations in each class. Online course material must be completed prior to attending the course.Here is a link you can use for…
- Time to celebrate Christmas with our Fire and Rescue family.- Time to celebrate Christmas with our Fire and Rescue family. Thank you Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue Inc. for keeping our community safe while we take an evening off.
- GVFRS Elves Make A Special Visit- During the Santa Run on December 8th, Santa informed our GVFRS elves that he had a special visit to make in Patriot's Walk. Ms. Thelma Schoenfeld, 97, recently lost her husband, Bruce. Mr. Schoenfeld was previously a volunteer with Hulmeville Fire Department in Pennsylvania, and doubled as Santa Claus every…
- Weekly Call Summary December 2 – 8, 2018- Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls between December 2 and 8, 2018: 72 Medical calls 18 Motor vehicle collisions 4 Fire alarms 4 Public assists 1 Burn complaint 1 Landing zone 1 Mutual aid to Mathews Volunteer Fire Department for a Structure Fire
- We have received several photos from our weekend Santa Runs,- We have received several photos from our weekend Santa Runs, and it is so great to see the smiles on the children's faces. Once we compile all the photos we'll share them on here. But in the meantime, we wanted to share one special visit in particular with everybody. During…
- GVFRS responded to the following calls between December 2 and 8, 2018:
72 Medical- GVFRS responded to the following calls between December 2 and 8, 2018: 72 Medical calls 18 Motor vehicle collisions 4 Fire alarms 4 Public assists 1 Burn complaint 1 Landing zone 1 Mutual aid to Mathews Volunteer Fire Department for a Structure Fire
- The roads in our county are very dangerous now. Please- The roads in our county are very dangerous now. Please do not go out if you do not have to. We are currently working several accidents, as well as fire calls. We hope everyone stays safe and warm during this weather event.
- Have you been naughty or nice this year? Santa Claus- Have you been naughty or nice this year? Santa Claus will be coming to town to find out! Keep your eyes and ears open for the sight of flashing lights along with the sounds of sirens and Christmas carols. Santa will be making his way through the neighborhoods served by…