Gloucester County Burn Ordinance
The Gloucester County Fire Protection Ordinance revisions became effective May l,2004. Copies of the Ordinance are available at the Office of the Environmental Programs at 6489 Main Street. Read the Frequently Asked Questions here: Gloucester County Burn Ordnance FAQ
Preventing Kitchen Fires in your Home
For information on Preventing Kitchen Fires in your Home,
please see this article on HomeAdvisor.com
Smoke alarms save lives
- Have working smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- You should have a smoke alarm inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Push the button on the smoke alarms every month to make sure they are working.
- Replace smoke alarms that are more than 10 years old.
Fire is Everyone’s Fight™
Find more information about fire safety from the
Virginia Department of Fire Programs.
GVFRS offers American Heart Association CPR and First Aid classes throughout the year to members of our community.
Classes are offered to the public periodically. Please check our CPR Class page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PEMS Protocols APP
To learn more and to download the PEMS protocol app for your Android or IOS device, please see the PEMS Regional Patient Care Protocols, Policies, & Procedures web page. You will also find a link to the desktop version of the protocols and the change page package.
- January 28, 2020EMT Class
- January 30, 2020EMT Class
- February 4, 2020EMT Class
- February 6, 2020EMT Class
- February 8, 2020EMT Class
- February 11, 2020EMT Class
- February 13, 2020EMT Class
- February 17, 2020Monthly Fire Training
- Weekly Call Summary October 26 – November 8, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue responded to the following calls between October 26, 2019 and November 8, 2019: Medical - 111Motor Vehicle Accidents - 13Fire Alarm - 8Brush Fire - 4Landing Zone - 4Structure Fire - 2Gas Leak - 2Air Craft Emergency - 1Trash Fire - 1
- Weekly Call Summary July 27 – September 6, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue responded to the following calls from July 27, 2019 to September 6, 2019: Medical - 320Motor Vehicle Accident - 26Fire Alarm - 16Brush Fire - 5Structure Fire - 3Landing Zone - 2Vehicle Fire - 1 Gas Leak - 1Down Tree - 1Burn Complaint - 1Air Craft…
- Weekly Call Summary June 26 – July 25, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue responded to the following calls between June 26, 2019 and July 25,2019: Medical: 248Fire Alarm: 23Motor Vehicle Accidents: 22Structure Fire: 3Brush Fire: 2False Alarm: 2Landing Zone: 2Public Assist: 2 Boater Emergency: 1Burn Complaint: 1Gas Leak: 1 Transformer Blow: 1
- Weekly Call Summary, June 2 – June 22, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Responded to the following calls from June 2, 2019 - June 22, 2019: Medical - 184Motor Vehicle Accident - 24Fire Alarm - 11Landing Zone - 4False Alarm - 2Structure Fire - 1Vehicle Fire - 1Brush Fire - 1Electrical Short - 1Boater Emergency - 1
- Weekly Call Summary, May 12 – June 1, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad responded to the following calls between May 12, 2019 through June 1, 2019: Medical - 183Motor Vehicle Accident - 22Fire Alarm - 14Brush Fire - 4Landing Zone - 3Structure Fire - 2Burn Complaint - 1Down Powerlines - 1 Vehicle Fire - 1
- Weekly Call Summary April 28 – May 11, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad responded to the following calls between April 28, 2019 - May 11, 2019: Medical: 95Motor Vehicle Accident: 6Electrical Shortage: 2Special Duty: 2Fire Alarm: 1Landing Zone:1 Down Tree: 1Structure Fire: 1Burn Complaint: 1Gas Spill: 1Smoke Odor: 1
- Weekly Call Summary April 1 – April 27, 2019 - (Note - this weeks report covers 4 weeks of April. Future reports should cover a single week) Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue responded to the following Calls between April 1, 2019 - April 27, 2019: Medical: 240 Motor Vehicle Accident: 22 Fire Alarm: 6 Public Assist: 5 Brush Fire: 4…
- Weekly Call Summary March 31 – April 7, 2019 - Gloucester Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, Inc responded to the following calls between March 31 and April 7, 2019: 95 Medical Calls9 Motor vehicle collisions3 Public Assists3 Fire alarms1 Burn Complaint 1 Vehicle Fire